First up are official pictures which normally are composed of large number of people. The second kind of shots are more informal with a group of friends. And finally, the photography of a group or family members. In this order,below you will find some invaluable examples of positions and proposed ideas. Usually when we take pictures with our friends, something always goes wrong, one far behind, the other looking away, another without a good angle. See 21 examples of poses that can be taken with friends, family or colleagues.
1. – When working with a large group of people it is very difficult to grab everyone’s attention, that’s why taking an amazing group photograph is always a challenge.
2. – When photographing a large group of people, all you to do is compose a photograph in the below order. This type of photography is generally formal so make sure that the entire group is clearly visible.
3. – If possible, always look to take a picture from a higher angle. Using a stool or chair for a view from above, this will definitely improve the picture because instead of clicking a group photo in an ordinary and generally boring manner, you now have a more interesting and attractive composition.
4. – The below example of standing apart might not be good idea for a group of friends, but will be absolutely perfect for people who are not friends, for example we can take this when there is an awards presentation or any other formal event or gathering. In any case, if the team has a leader, put the subject in the middle, that will make it look better.
5. – Below is the easiest way to photograph a group of friends, it is also the most standard and works very well, it is very difficult to get these kind of pictures wrong, make sure you center the middle person.
6. – It is a always fun when you take photos with your friends. Ask everyone to come together and tilt their heads slightly to one another and towards the camera, you’ll see that the end result will look good.
7. – This one is an absolutely creative and will remain one of your favourite for a long time if taken right. This can be done on a beach, park or any other outdoor location.
8. – Another funny photo is put them all in a row, the first should be straight facing the camera, others make a zigzag for each side. Each one facing the camera, be sure to take the picture from a little below the first person you will see that the photo you will be fine.
9. – A slight variation of the above, put one of your friends infront, behind one after another, make that stick out their heads sideways. Take photos with different aperture settings, if you prefer you can have only the first person in focus or the whole group.
10. – Another very funny picture and informal one is to make the whole group of friends jump, you might want to adjust your shutter speed to catch the moment. Also make sure you try this when your group is full of energy as it might take more than one jump to get this right.
11. – In this photo ask your friends to get in row diagonally, note that everyone is visible and approach with a large aperture. Focus on the first person and let the others go more blurred, the farther subject will be the most blurred. Still you will see that the picture looks good and your friends will agree with that. An interesting result and quite an unusual photo to take.
12. – If you have to take a picture of a family which is the most common, get everyone sitting on a couch in the living room. Not the most creative photo but is the first choice. One way to improve the photo is by only focusing on the family, try not to leave out the couch or other furniture and make sure the family has filled the whole picture.
13. – Another good idea to take pictures of the family is taking it outdoors. Get them to site down in the garden, park or beach. These are excellent places to take family photos. Just remember, when seated, do not take the picture standing, crouch to take the picture from eye level.
14. – A family lying with their bellies down on the floor together. Do raise your upper body a bit, using the arms for support. Take the picture from a low angle.
15. – Another good way to take a picture of a family is to put one on each other outdoors or on a bed. Do it in an orderly manner with both parents and children. It works very well if the composition has one or more children.
16. – A photo cozy, all sitting relaxed on the sofa.
17. – An unusual but interesting picture is to take the picture from behind the sofa. Make the family hold on the back of the couch and Take photos from behind the sofa.
18. – Another variation to the above angle.
19. – Another picture that looks good is that children climb on the backs of their parents. It’s a funny photo and it looks very professional as well.
20. – A simple pose is to take full body, it works very well for any number of people.
21. – Take a picture with the family walking hand in hand, take several photos continuously and choose which is the best (by looking at the movement of the legs).